Saturday, February 21, 2009

Addressing the tired line of "Blaming the poor, for being poor."

I've heard this line before and am starting to hear it again in light of the resistance by the public against the porkzilla spending bill.  This is a strawman if I have ever heard one.  I don't blame (all) the poor for being poor (many have brought it on themselves.)

First and foremost, I blame liberalism and liberal policy makers.  Let's not kid around here, the housing crisis was the final straw that broke this camel's back.  But how did the housing market get in such bad shape?  Liberalism!  We are seeing the effects and it is being reported as the problem.  Years ago, liberals dictated that banks had to give loans that they would not make money on.

Not only were these loans unprofitable, they were not going to get repayed.  It isn't just politicians that set this table.  Organizations, like ACORN, extorted banks and threatened boycotts, civil suits, protests and all the other liberal tricks if the banks did not make these bad loans.  So you take unprofitable loans, and then flat don't pay them.  The only way for the banks to control the losses is to repossess the houses.  But banks were prevented from doing this too.  The banks have no choice but to fold.

So now here we are.  There are a lot of people who do what they are supposed to do and now we are being told we have to pay for those who did not.  Do you think everyone who makes their payments are just lucky people who just fell into a pile money we didn't earn or deserve and it is all fun and games?  No!  I scrape by every month and work long hours and everything else in my power to meet my obligations.  

So don't sit there and act like you are owed something.  I had an offer to get a loan far more than I ended up getting.  I chose to get less of a loan so I could be sure to make it.

It is called personal responsibility, but I guess it is now a thing of the past.

No comments: