Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lemmings flock to Chris Brown.

I usually try to avoid anything to do with the entertainment crowd, but the recent Chris Brown mess is just to stupid to pass up.  If you don't know, and I don't blame you if you don't, Chris Brown was recently charged with beating the holy hell out of his girlfriend Rihanna.  In this particular scenario Rihanna got into Chris Brown's car looking like a sexy little pop star at point A.  When the car arrived at point B, Rihanna looked like the dead Apollo Creed in Rocky IV.

Where am I going with all of this?  Since this has happened, Brown has been charged, etc.  There have been several people going to various web outlets like My Space, Facebook, and so on, just giving huge amounts of outpouring adulation.  Not like, "Hey Chris, you messed up, you don't deserve to ever see that woman again.  Hope you do better when you get out in 5 to 10."

I mean these people are flocking to him and basically they don't care what he did because basically he's in rap videos.  Here are some samples, get a bucket:

"One day I..ll meet this crazy man :D and we will make music together. Yeahh!! 
My heart aint a brain but I think that I still love hiiim"


"you absolutally amazing you dont do anything wrong i will support you intill the day i die. you are wonderful dont let a single thing put you down you deserve the best because you are the best please be happy and get back out there and show them what your mad of."

"SHOWING LOVE AND SUPPORT AND I JUST WISH THAT CHRIS WOULD COME BACK FROM THIS A STRONGER PERSON AND KEEP MAKING THE WOUNDERFUL MUSIC THAT HE MAKES AND HE STILL MY SEXI VA PRINCE AND I STILL LOVE HIM"

I find it amazing how shallow these people are.  Absolutely no substance (and no spelling.)  I guess anything he does is OK because he makes music and is "sexi"?  I especially love the part where they say that everyone makes mistakes, but they leave off the second part of the mistake equation, consequences.

Sure everyone makes mistakes, but we pay for them.  You run a red light?  Mistake.  Consequence you get a ticket and pay a fine.  You beat the crap out of your girlfriend bad enough that she has to have plastic surgery?  You need to go to jail.  That's the way it should work.  I have not seen any outpouring of support for Rihanna, though.  You hear all about how hard it is what Chris Brown is going through.  WTF's he going throuhg?!  Did he bruise his knuckles?!

And now Rihanna has taken him back, stating that he cries and is sorry sweet after he beats her.  Hello, dummy it's called the honeymoon phase.  No sympathy moving forward, now you are asking for it.


No comments: